The best approach is to find a legal technology expert who you can call on for counsel and advice. One that can provide you with leadership and direction on how to navigate the technology jungle out there. It won't get any easier, so find someone you can trust and who is invested is consistently staying ahead of the curve. Just like your clients use you for.
1. Acquiring new client business: 78%
2. Spending too much time on administrative tasks: 69%
3. Increasing technology complexity: 63%
4. Cost control and expense growth: 62%
5. Clients demanding more for less or rate pressure from clients (tied with #4): 62%